Those who are inclined to believe in conspiracy theories will point to the existence of organizations like the Trilateral Commission, the Council on Foreign Relations, the Bilderberg Group, and the Illuminati as confirmation that an Elite group of men, all members of these secret societies, are really ruling the world. They just let us peons think we have a say in our government to keep the masses satisfied. But, the conspiracists will say, the curtain has been pulled back and those in power in D.C. all work for the same side; and it is against us, not for us.
How can one argue with that premise when the supposedly conservative Republican Party controls both the House and the Senate, yet did nothing to stop the advancement of budgetary legislation that seems to be destroying the country? Paul Ryan may be trying to disguise his true colors behind his new facial hair, but do you need any more proof that we, the people, are insignificant in the affairs of this nation?
1) This latest appropriations bill funds entirely the 2012 executive amnesty for “DREAMers”—or illegal immigrants who came to the country as minors. The President's executive action, known as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), has granted around 700,000 illegal aliens with work permits, as well as the ability to receive tax credits and federal entitlement programs. A recent Government Accountability Office (GAO) report documented how this illegal amnesty program for alien youth is, in large part, responsible for the illegal alien minor surge on our southern border.
2) Five months after Kate Steinle died in her father's harms -- murdered by an illegal alien in San Francisco, a sanctuary city -- Ryan’s omnibus rewards these lawless Sanctuary Cities with federal grants. To be specific, Division B Title II of Ryan’s omnibus funds various grant programs for the Department of Justice (pages 167, 168, and 169) and contains no language that would restrict the provision of such grants to sanctuary jurisdictions.
3) This appropriations bill will fund President Obama’s refugee resettlement operation and will allow for the admission of tens of thousands of refugees with access to federal benefits. Division H Title II of Ryan’s bill contains appropriations of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and contains no language that would restrict the program. Nor are there any restrictions for the program in Division K of Ryan’s bill, which provides funding for the Department of State, which oversees refugee admissions. In addition, Ryan’s proposal does nothing to limit admissions from jihadist-prone regions and funds all of the Mideast immigration programs that have been exploited by terrorists in recent years.
4) It seems to be all about the refugees and illegal aliens in this bill. The inflated legislation funds not only illegal alien resettlement, but funds the release of criminal aliens; quadruples H-2B visas for unskilled guest workers; and preserves the expansion of the President’s expiring child tax credits without any accompanying language to prevent illegal aliens from receiving those tax credits.
5) Here's an important fact for us American tax-payers: The bill funds the Obama-Boehner budget deal, which eliminated spending caps, and will increase both defense and non-defense spending next year by $25 billion more each. Think that is going to effect our wallets?
6) And finally, the American people were promised a 700-mile double-layer border fence with the passage of the 2006 Secure Fence Act. Guess what? It ain't gonna happen. It should not surprise us that this bill does not require that funds be allocated to finish the construction of the 700-mile double-layer fence.
Granted, all this is bad news. But here's the real damage that's been done according to the folks at Breitbart ... By locking in the President’s refugee, immigration, and spending priorities, Ryan’s bill is designed to keep these fights out of Congress by getting them off the table for good. Delivering Obama these wins–and pushing these issues beyond the purview of Congress–will suppress public attention to the issues and, in so doing, will boost the candidacy of the Republican establishment’s preferred presidential contenders, who favor President Obama’s immigration agenda.
But so have the ordinary citizens of this world. 2 Corinthians 4:4 says, Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. That is plain to see as I scan the nearly 11,000 comments on the Breitbart article. People continue to think that there is a political answer to our dilemma and the decline of this nation. They argue back and forth, calling each other names, claiming that one Party or another is to blame. They truly are blinded to the "glorious light of the Good News." They don’t understand that only our confession, repentance, and faith in Jesus Christ can stop the hemorrhage. It has to happen among the Elite of the world, the leaders of our nation, and all the way down to the common man. We just don't get it that the Enemy has assigned rulers and principalities to each nation, and it is these spiritual entities that truly have authority and control over us. Until each individual surrenders to Christ, no future election or change of political parties will effect our destiny. And if the passage of this appropriations bill is any indication, there is no soul searching in sight.
John 16:8 "And He, when He comes, will convict the world about [the guilt of] sin [and the need for a Savior], and about righteousness, and about judgment..."